Wow! Valentine's day already. My eighth one in the US!
I know most of you have looked around for a cool place to go to on valentine's day, well i have a great place to suggest to some of my bride's to be...Why not surprise him/her with a fabulous handmade (or handmade looking) dinner?
Nothing can be more romantic, caring and rewarding!
Here is something I am thinking cooking for mon cheri:
- Tuna Tartare (you could usually find it in the seafood section of your local market) on mixed green salad seasoned with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Ginger and honey flavored chicken with basmati rice. (recipe below)
- Mixed Berries and Vanilla Ice Cream for dessert.
Champagne and tons of candles (don't forget to blow them out AFTER dinner.)
After this dinner i promise you he/she will propose, and if he/she has already done so, they'll propose again!!!!
GINGER AND HONEY CHICKEN
- 2 roasted chicken thighs.
- 1 ginger root (you will use just 1/4 of it).
- 3 spoons of honey
- 3 spoons of mustard
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees
- Put the roasted chicken on a heat resistant plate.
- In a bowl mix together the honey and mustard and shredd around 2 spoons of ginger,
- Cover the chicken with the mix and cover the plate with a foil of Aluminium paper.
- Put into the oven for around 10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and its sauce with the rice.