A full day of celebration, at their family home, for Rachel and Lou's wedding. We started with a Breakfast, Ceremony,Luncheon, and ended with a New Year's Eve crazy party. What a way to end 2015!! THANK YOU Heidi Ryder for catching so beautifully the memories.Full gallery on the Weddings section
Just received today from the AMAZING White Rose Production Cinema and Photo LLC with PoghosyanStudio.
Music, costumes I can't think about myself leaving without...God bless you all, musicians, dancers, singers for bringing so much joy and peace in my heart!
For this very special night in LA we went all forces to travel Italy, with back to back Zani Clowns Comedia del Arte, Opera Singers, Tarantella, and still we couldn't get enough of it....
This is why we put all the efforts...
Thank you Ceremony Magazine for the beautiful feature in your 2015 Los Angeles and Santa Barbara Edition. You couldn't have choose a sweetest couple to showcase!
Wishing you my gorgeous Cecile and Roney many many years of happiness and laughter together.Such an incredible time with you!!! Xoxooooooooooo
When I tell people I’m a wedding planner, I often see their eyes brighten with excitement.
“Lucky you,” they say. “You must have a dream life – you always get to be at beautiful, fun parties!”
It’s true that every day I ask myself if it’s real, and if this is really a serious business.
Before I became a wedding planner, I worked as a lawyer – and that was definitely serious. But the seeds of becoming an event planner were always in my heart. Let me back up and tell you how it all happened:
My childhood was spent in Casablanca, where my parents and their friends hosted a seemingly endless stream of opulent parties that filled my youth with the sumptuous tastes, regal style and vibrant music of Northern Africa.
At the age of 15, I moved to Paris, studying art history at Le Musée du Louvre and earning a law degree from La Sorbonne. My Parisian flat became a favorite gathering spot for a crowd of upcoming young stars in fashion and design, and I entertained them with chic, creative parties. Soon, I was invited to join an elite Parisian design firm, and – voilà! -- my career as an international event planner began.
In 2002, I brought my event planning expertise to Beverly Hills and launched Véronique Events, which was immediately in high demand. My team and I at Véronique Events create more than just weddings and parties – we create stylishly-designed experiences during which life’s special moments can unfold with all the charming surprises, joyful connections, and tender memories that the perfectly-planned event can provide.
But all that charm, fun and joy requires a lot of work -- before, during, and after the event. So how do you know if wedding planning is the right career for you? Here are ten questions to ask yourself if you’re considering a career as a wedding planner:
1. Do you dream about planning events? When you see events in magazines or on television, or when you attend your friends’ and family’s events, do you wish you could help them organize it?
2. Do you have artistic talent? Do you enjoy everything about design and love putting together gorgeous tables for your family and friends? Do you stand gaping in front of flowers, and do colors make you scream with joy? Some wedding planners are not designers, and so they hire designers to help them with this part of the job, but I think you do need to have an artistic inclination so you can at least contribute to style choices.
3. Do you have organization skills? Are your home and work environments organized and clean? Do you have folders for everything? Wedding planners need to be extremely organized because you’ll be dealing with lots of details. You know how to prioritize your tasks.
4. Do you have leadership skills? Do you have a take-charge attitude, enjoy giving direction and have excellent management skills? When you’re running an event, you’ll be in charge of managing vendors and staff and also need to be able to interact professionally with hosts and guests.
5. Do you have good psychological skills? You’ll need to understand your clients, what they’re looking for, what they want to experience, how much they want to pay, etc. This takes excellent interpersonal skills, patience humor and a lot of psychology.
6. Do you manage stress well? As in many other businesses that involve relationships, money, and dreams, wedding planning is a highly stressful business. I’ve heard about one study that showed that being a wedding planner is more stressful than being a stockbroker or lawyer! You’ll need to be able to manage stress both in yourself and with your clients, and you’ll need to find healthy outlets for releasing your stress as well!
7. Do you have a good personality? Are you a people person? You’ll need to have a pleasant demeanor when you’re interacting with clients, vendors and staff if you want to earn repeat business.
8. Are you smart and curious about the world? Good wedding planners love to search out new ideas and are interested in studying industry trends. This takes a keen mind and curious spirit. I’m always checking out new locations, meeting new vendors, and learning about their inventories. I study fashion collections, art exhibits, and new styles of cooking. There is no end to education in this field!
9. What investment will you need to begin? The good news is that you need very little investment to start your business it’s a service business. You can start in your room with a computer and a cell hone.
10. Do you have business skills? As with any other business, you’ll need to create a business plan (your local Chamber of Commerce may have templates) and also have good accounting skills. And you’ll also need to do marketing, marketing, and more marketing!
So Wedding planning is your dream career? Fantastic! Follow your dream. This is the only way to live a happy and meaningful life. Enjoy the road!
When I look at those pictures I can still feel the sweetness of this wedding we had the joy to plan few months ago, for one of my best friends at the fantastic Beverly Hills Peninsula.
I am amazed how Danny Baker was able to catch the gorgeousness and stylishness of this special couple.
What love can do...
Another year, another success… I feel blessed for this year’s achievement with The Children Nature Institute’s annual gala. It always feels wonderful to work for such a great cause.
I feel so lucky when my work is taking me back to my roots just like when we had to plan this traditional Moroccan Henna Celebration.
The Henna ceremony is said to bring good luck and prosperity to the new couple and it symbolizes the start of their new life together.
Few months ago we had the honor to organize, in a private residence, a "Wine and Cheese Reception" to welcome the executive director of UN WATCH, in Los Angeles. Our challenge was to create a sophisticated but together a simple, relaxed, authentic atmosphere and, also to feed over...200 guests.
We had a blast last Thursday to be part of the Children’s Nature Institute’s Annual gala. The Children’s Nature Institute educates children, families and communities through interactive experiences with nature and, inspires respect, responsibility and, a connection to the natural environment. A one of the kind event for a one of a kind organization! It feels so good to help those who help others have a better life...
Barbara asked for a Baking party, so my friend Chantal, the owner of New Chef Fashion, created kids sized aprons and baking hats that the 8 girls had to customize with paper flowers and confetti letters.
With Alexia, my oldest daughter, we taught them how to bake M&Ms cookies and how to cook crepes.We had such a blast ,especially me. I am already brainstorming ideas for next year's cooking party !
My way of life gives me, as you can imagine, very few days off and I was feeling so guilty to be unable to properly celebrate my kid's Barbara and Richard's birthdays. So when Sunday May 16th showed up as free on my calendar I jumped right to the idea of having them back to back. They both decided that they wanted to invite their friends over, and I had to find the way to entertain the two groups without losing my mind. Help! I phoned my personnal 911, Mike at Mad Dog Party, who I booked right away for a game truck right in our front yard.
It's just fabulous, a fantastic trendy truck comes to your house and gives the kids an hour and half of games and fun and for me,an hour and half of freedom! My husband will turn 45 next September, i am strongly thinking of calling Mike again, maybe for a laser tag at the closest park....
Orange Blossom Water...Have you ever tried it? It's the only thing i am totally, completely addicted to...In the morning, a single drop in my coffee and i am transported into my dreams again. Another drop in my Plain, Non Fat yogurt at lunch time and i feel like royalty. And what's for dinner? Stay posted...recipes coming soon !
Ps: Don't forget tonight after your shower, put some drops behind your ears to smell like heaven....
Welcome to "Le Blog"!
If you are looking for a source of inspiration for your “grand days” or ideas for your everyday entertaining, this is a place to stop by. Me and my team will share with you our experience, successes and challenges on planning, designing, weddings, events & more.As often as possible, we will bring here great finds, delicious recipes, fantastic trends, stylish tips, everything that make us happy to live!!!!